"Footprints" is a jazz standard composed by Wayne Shorter, first appearing on his 1966 album Adam's Apple.- Wikipedia
Whilst in 6/4 metre, it is debatable whether it could be called a jazz waltz, since the feel could be divided into compound duple or simple triple time.
Footprints Backing Track
Tonality C minor.
Track sequenced, performed, recorded and mixed by Mihai Sorohan in 2011.
DOWNLOAD (right click and "save link as")
Music Sheet from mobetterblues.altervista.org
Another good tutorial for this jazz standard can be found HERE
Here, for inspiration Wayne Shorter - Footprints from 'Adam's Apple'.
- Wayne Shorter (ts),
- Herbie Hancock (p),
- Reggie Workman (b),
- Joe Chambers (d).
Previous tutorials & backing tracks:
- Blues Tutorial
- Cantaloupe Island Jazz Tutorial
- Blue Bossa Jazz Tutorial & Free Backing Track
- Footprints Jazz Tutorial & Free Backing Track
By downloading the provided files you accept the following terms:
You may use the provided backing tracks for:
- recording/filming yourself soloing on top of it, and posting on YouTube or similar free services;
- use in a live performance/show.
You may not:
- use it for commercial purposes (put it on a CD and sell it, sell it online, etc).
All materials are properties of their owners. All material used here is for informative and educational purposes.
Enjoy the freebie.